Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Rowdy Australian Visiting England August/September

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Rowdy Australian Visiting England August/September

Post by Peter Grant »

Dear Forum members.

Lock up your silver and the best china because Howard Parslow, a good friend and stalwart Daimler enthusiast is going to be visiting you!!

Howard is the owner of a splendid DB18 Special Sports and is also a classic motor bike enthusiast.

he sent me an email outlining his visit dates and is hoping to be able to catch up with some English Daimler Club members if there are any events being held that coincide with his visit.

Here is the email (carefully edited!!!):

" I am going to the Isle of Man and the Goodwood Revival in Aug/Sep. Now should I hook up with the Daimler Club while I am in England? Where is the main Club? I will be arriving UK from IOM on 29th August and staying with a friend in Manchester and then heading down to Devon to see another friend before going to the Goodwood Revival on Sep 7th. What Daimler museum should I see and where is it? "

All suggestions (keep them tidy) are keenly anticipated.

Cheers
Peter Grant

Crossley Stephenson

Re: Rowdy Australian Visiting England August/September

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Good to warn them Peter. H could be a shock to Daimler types in UK!

Michael

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Peter Grant wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 am " I am going to the Isle of Man and the Goodwood Revival in Aug/Sep. Now should I hook up with the Daimler Club while I am in England? Where is the main Club? I will be arriving UK from IOM on 29th August and staying with a friend in Manchester and then heading down to Devon to see another friend before going to the Goodwood Revival on Sep 7th. What Daimler museum should I see and where is it? "

All suggestions (keep them tidy) are keenly anticipated.

Cheers
Peter Grant
John Hitchins has a DB18 and lives in Wellington, Somerset, so would be passed on the way to Devon. Ask him. He's in the forum members' list.

Also, look at the club website http://www.dloc.org.uk/

David Beales

Post by David Beales »

Don't forget the DLOC have a stand at Beaulieu Autojumble in September.
I will be there on stand G237/8 - you're welcome for a coffee (or something stronger!) and a sit down.
David Beales

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I feel Howard will be a tad disappointed as he asks "where is the main club located?" Where indeed.
As for Museums, Coventry and Gaydon shouldn't be missed.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Presidents Lawn Picnic on Sunday 3rd September about 35 miles south of Manchester.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)