Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Sherborne School Concours

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Sherborne School Concours

Post by JT7196 »

Hi,Chaps, well what a day Geoff Millington and I had at the annual Sherborne School Concours that was held on Sunday, 27 August. Although the competition was very stiff, both Geoff and myself managed to walk away with a couple of awards.
My Lanchester 11 was awarded 1st place in the Post Vintage section ( Seymour Cup) and Geoff's Lanchester LJ 200 was awarded 2nd place in the post war section(Rotary Rose Bowl) .
It seems,that as the years pass us by, the standard of restorations seems to get better and better , it's hard to believe that my own car is still capable of winning concours events, having been restored, way back in 1990 !
It was especially rewarding to see see Geoff and Ann Millington picking up an award with their very rare, Lanchester SJ200 prototype .
Both Geoff and I use our cars extensively, with Geoff driving all the way up from Poole, for the event, which was an 80 Mile round trip,and for my part, I have covered nearly Five-Hundred miles in the past month, with my latest trip yesterday( 28thAug ) from Yeovil to Exmouth ( Sunbathing) then onto Sidmouth ( Ice Cream) and then to Lyme Regis for (Dinner), before finally returning the my home in Yeovil.
Total mileage for the day was exactly 108 miles, not bad for an Eighty year old car !
Alan Wheatley & Geoff Millington Sherborne School Concourse.JPG
Alan & geoff.JPG
Best wishes A'l

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Sherborne School Concours

Post by John-B »

Well done, Alan. You should have advertised the event as I could have come, and it was a nice day.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Thanks', John, and I'll try and remember next year .

Cheers A'l

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Have you a picture of the Millington Lanchester, Al?
Thanks
Neil
Normal for Norfolk

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi, here are a couple of pictures of Anne & Geoff's Lanchester LJ 200 ,commonly known as "Midge"

IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG

Best wishes A'l :D :D

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Hmmm.............bit late for a prototype, Al. That's a very late model LJ of 1953.
Neil
Normal for Norfolk

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Neil, just read your latest post,I will contact Geoff and get some further details, although I’m pretty certain that he told me that it was a Prototype.

Cheers A’l :D

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Al,
If it was the prototype it would have metal between the doors and an LD rear screen. The prototype was eventually broken up.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk