Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DLOC Spring Conference

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

DLOC Spring Conference

Post by Chris_R »

No details about the Spring Conference in the Events forum?
The old forum has information and asks for Alan Peglar to be informed if attending but email from the old forum doesn't work and it doesn't look like Alan is registered on this forum so how to inform him??? The board should at least be registered even if they don't use it.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: DLOC Spring Conference

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote:No details about the Spring Conference in the Events forum?
The old forum has information and asks for Alan Peglar to be informed if attending but email from the old forum doesn't work and it doesn't look like Alan is registered on this forum so how to inform him??? The board should at least be registered even if they don't use it.
Brief details have been in the sticky in Events for some time!
Alan Pegler is registered with username a1peg . ( a 1 peg not a L peg , I'm beginning to wonder if he meant to register as alpeg with lower case L which would have been more logical as he hasn't made any posts yet on this forum, perhaps he's forgotten how he registered )

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Yep. BRIEF details only. Buried some way down in the "Some events in 2016" thread. And the link in the entry takes you to the old forum which was my point because email to Alan Peglar off the old forum wouldn't work.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote:Yep. BRIEF details only. Buried some way down in the "Some events in 2016" thread. And the link in the entry takes you to the old forum which was my point because email to Alan Peglar off the old forum wouldn't work.
They're in date order, Chris, descending order so that the lower entries progressively become out of date. That was all the info I had at the time (although the DM probably has more info.)

andrewwainwright

Post by andrewwainwright »

DLOC SPRING CONFERENCE

I had put the details on the "old forum" some time ago, and they are printed in the February, March, and April Driving Members.
However, I had not put them onto the "New Forum" which was an oversight, please accept my apologies.

DLOC AGM AND SPRING CONFERENCE
Saturday April 9th 2016 10.00am refreshments - AGM starts at 10.30am
British Motor Heritage Trust
Banbury Road, Gaydon. CV35 0BJ

Please advise Alan Pegler of your intention to attend for catering numbers, closing date being 2nd April 2016 [Details see Driving Member]

For DLOC Members only

Andrew Wainwright [Branch Liaison]

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

I only raised the question because I couldn't find Alan's ID on the forum to send him an email to say I was planning to attend. I've now been told it's A1peg but he's turned off emails.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Chris_R wrote:I only raised the question because I couldn't find Alan's ID on the forum to send him an email to say I was planning to attend. I've now been told it's A1peg but he's turned off emails.
Actually, bakerp turned off emails for the whole board because someone was confused by the email system which showed DLOC's email address instead of the person he was trying to email, (that's deliberate to maintain privacy) so bakerp is investigating another email method that is less confusing for some of our members. I hope the delay won't be long as email communication is essential.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

John-B wrote:because someone was confused by the email system which showed DLOC's email address instead of the person he was trying to email
Good grief

Helen Wainwright

Post by Helen Wainwright »

Hi Chris,

Alan Pegler is our Company Secretary.
His contact details and other e-mail address are in the DM.

Helen

a1peg

Post by a1peg »

OK, so I am here my first posting, thank you Andrew & Helen for filling in the bits I missed. I made such a mess of the last events forum I thought better to keep away

Confusion over a1peg e-mails has arisen because I received some mails to confirm peoples attendance that came via the DLOC board administrator and therefore did not give me the name of the attendee or their e-mail address to confirm to.

Please do not forget to advise me if you are attending and require refreshments.

Alan

Admin Edit: if you email Alan via the forum, please add your real name as some usernames that registered early do not have a real name in the members list profile.