Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Newby Hall Car Show

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Warsash 2

Newby Hall Car Show

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
There appears to be a rumour that the show has been cancelled, Today I received an email with the entry form. I have not heard about a club stand but I will be with general age related cars.
If anyone wants an entry form then e-mail me and I will forward it to you.
Regards

Colin

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Newby Hall Car Show

Post by A.N.Other »

The rumours revolved around the fact that Harry Fletcher is ill. Harry has been the ‘Main Man for years in the running of the show. The club (NECPWA) advertised in their magazine for someone to take on the running of the show a few months ago but I have not kept up to date as to anyone taking up the position. The fact that you have received an entry form may mean that the show will go on. Let’s hope it does because it can be considered to be one of the best shows in the north of England. My best wishes go to Harry and I hope he is comfortable.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

David Beales has contacted me today to inform me that as the show is going ahead he is prepared to peg out a club stand on the Sunday. He is also prepared to plan some local runs should anyone be interested.
It would be good to have a club presence at such an important show.
Hopefully the new volunteers running the show will also plan one for next year.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I am sad to report that Harry Fletcher died earlier this year. He was a true gentleman and will be missed by all that knew him.
It is looking very promising that the show will go on. The DLOC presence at the show has always been substantial to the point of it being considered to be the Northern National (please excuse my grammar but I hope you get my drift). A few DLOC members past and present have also been, or are, members of NECPWA the club that run the show. The two clubs seem to have worked well with each other over the years. I am sure that is down to the cooperation between Misters Beales, cansfield and Fletcher.
Let’s hope that the show will carry on indefinitely and be as successful as it has been for any years.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
What a shame about Harry is was one off natures gentlemen
Colin

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Marcel Renshaw wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:29 pm David Beales has contacted me today to inform me that as the show is going ahead ...
When? Where?

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

The answer is that it was about 6pm and I was at the swimming pool or the show is at Newby Hall on the 21st July. :D

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Is there a swimming pool at Newby Hall?

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I don't know but I doubt it.
There should be some nice cars on display at the NECPWA show in July.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Unfortunately I won't be there. I'll be at the Traditional Boat Festival at Henley-on-Thames that weekend.