Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Sherborne Castle 21/07/2019

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Sherborne Castle 21/07/2019

Post by Peter Grant »

Dear Al,
Your comments about hospital care reminds me of a joke I heard many years ago.

A patient is in hospital, confined to bed and matron arrives with a very fetching young nurse and the makings of a sponge bath.
She says to the patient: "Mr Smithers, it is time for your sponge bath. I will sponge you from your head as far as possible and Nurse Goodtime here will then sponge you from your feet as far as possible. Then we will leave you with a sponge and a towel to wash possible.

Boom boom.

Peter Grant

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Hello Al,

Just got to this (late on parade as usual). Rest assured the longest journeys are the most satisfying to complete.

Get well soon.

Mark

Helen Wainwright

Post by Helen Wainwright »

Hey Big Al,

Sorry to hear that you are proper poorly?

All the best from us East Midland lot.

Get well soon,

Helen :(

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

8-) Thanks everybody, hopefully they may? Let me out tomorrow, will just depend on the results of all the Scans that I have received over the last couple of days ,which have been many and varied, I actually feel very well now thanks to the superb treatment I have received.
I really didn’t appreciate how I’ll I actually was , perhaps another few days could have seen me in a Diabetic coma. Thank goodness one of our Daimler Owners ( Jeff White) attending ,persuaded me to visit the Ambulance at the Classics and Super Car Show I was attending ( with my Lanchester ! ) at Sherborne Castle.
I then eventually ending up in Yeovil Hospital in the Emergency Dept for the best part of a week ! !

Best wishes Big Bad Al 😊😊😊

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

All the best Al for a good recovery. At least with a diagnosis you have something to work with. Not unlike the Lanchester! Ranald

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Post by classiclife »

Hello Al,

Speedy recovery and hope you will be up & running with full health very soon.

Best wishes from the East Sussex Brigade.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

A horrible experience. Don't bust a gut to organise cars for the Sherborne School show, but I hope to see you there as a visitor. I haven't been there yet, I intended to go last year but it poured with rain all day.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps many thanks for the warm wishes, glad to say that I’m making a good recovery, Eyes nearly back to normal, just a slight issue with a little unsteadiness on the old Pins.
And have to see a Neurologist when I get home, probably today 😂😂but not certain yet !!

Best wishes, and again, many thanks to you all for being there for me , Big Bad Al 😊😊😊

Home Now :D :D :D :D

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, glad to say that I have pretty much made a full recovery from my recent stint in hospital.
Just wanted to thank all of you for sending me those kind “Get Well” messages.

Best wishes, Al