Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Regular DLOC Meetings cancelled

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Regular DLOC Meetings cancelled

Post by Brian-H »

I presume that ALL meetings everywhere are, for the foreseeable future, "closed" ?

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Regular DLOC Meetings cancelled

Post by John-B »

Brian-H wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:40 pm I presume that ALL meetings everywhere are, for the foreseeable future, "closed" ?
Obviously meeting inside a pub is banned, but so is driving for unessential reasons. If restrictions are relaxed for a few weeks (as anticipated to allow the virus peaks to climb and subside but never exceed the NHS capabilities), why not have a rally instead? Just meet at the normal place and shout from one car to another and have a pleasant drive in the summer, (or meet in a pub garden keeping well apart, not very recommended I think).

On Saturday I was just leaving my gate with the Dart when seven or eight supercars sped by. I was tempted to follow them on their rally or to their meeting place but by the time I had got out of the gate they had vanished.

Right now I'm watching the PM and two others giving a briefing well within two metres of each other and a view of the journalists showed them sitting less than 1 metre apart!