Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Any Daimler / Drive it Day/ What did you do?

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
KV8

Any Daimler / Drive it Day/ What did you do?

Post by KV8 »

Today was FBHVC "Drive it Day.

I am amazed that there has been no comment on this forum about this significant event. I attended a locallly organised driving tour in aid of Cancer Research.

I was amazed at the spectator interest with innumerable family groups sitting out front of their properties and up to 3 deep spectators at certain village centres.

So had a great day out including meeting a Ford Y type hot rod with of course a blown DV8!

H

frenchy

Re: Any Daimler / Drive it Day/ What did you do?

Post by frenchy »

East Anglia, rally at the Kersey Water Mill. Very well attended with many clubs. The Daimler Lanchester club , 16 SP250,s 5 V8,s 2 Barker special sports, sovereign,1938 road rider deluxe and my 1936 LA10.Cold wet and windy but a great day. cheers Frenchy.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

KV8 wrote:Today was FBHVC "Drive it Day.

I am amazed that there has been no comment on this forum about this significant event.
H
It was in the Calendar sticky and there was a comment, here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=530
I went to Wilton Wake Up, a meeting for owners 8am to 10.30am. The photo only shows two cars. But I was late and parked at the end of the row. There were over 100 cars in the North Courtyard and along the tree-lined drive mainly new Ferraris, Maseratis and Aston Martins but also a 1930s Austin 7, a 1960s Aston Martin DB5, TR4, a nice XK150, a V12 E-Type (V12 really jammed into the engine bay) and a few other classic cars.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

I sat wistfully looking at my (broken) car...............................
Normal for Norfolk

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

The SP was out of action having the gearbox repaired ready for Cornwall, so decided to do the Charity Classic Vehicle Club's run from the Museum of Power in Langford to Audley End. Took the Ronart & was joined by Hoss in his SP, looking great with it's new hood & tonneau.

A great run out with a mix of sunshine and wintry showers, but hailstones in the face when you haven't got a windscreen keeps you alert - I did try to convince my navigator that it was a good skin exfoliation treatment which would cost a lot of money at a health spa, but he was not convinced!

Also saw John Wager and his immaculate V8 saloon at the finish.

Alan
Attachments
image.jpeg

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

I joined the local group of VSCC members in my Lanchester 15/18 and we did a route from St Asaph, Denbighshire. Almost put off by the BBC's weather forecast of heavy rain but glad I didn't as it turned out to be a lovely sunny day! If you use facebook, there are some photos to look at on 'caidaitrust' facebook page. Cai Dia incidentally means 'Dave's Field' where there is a very interesting 1950s themed museum staffed by volunteers and folks suffering from mental health issues, drug abuse etc . Well worth supporting.

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
Hampshire branch had it's usual drive it day lunch at Ford near Arundel in West Sussex. The turn out included 5 Sp's, 3 V8 saloons, a new drop head Coupe and a Special Sports, I think. Still having senior moments!
Regards
Colin

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Not much on the roads down here in Somerset as far as I could see anyway. but I did take my Lanchester down to Lyme Regis to visit Jens father who lives in an old peoples home down there , but this is nothing unusual for my part, as I take her down there as often as the weather permits, even during the winter months ( Does get a bit chilly round the old knee caps though!!) Note, must try and sort out a heater for the winter next year !!

Cheers Al