Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 DHC spring measurements

Descriptive and in-depth articles on how to do repairs or restoration. (Wilf's articles visible by forum members only).
bop

Daimler 15 DHC spring measurements

Post by bop »

Looking to have the springs on my 1935 Daimler 15 DHC re-arched. Anyone have the measurements for the front and rear springs when they are off the car? Car is in Canada so shipping is out of the question!
Last edited by bop on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler 15 DHC spring measurements

Post by Stan Thomas »

There is a company in the West Midlands here in the U.K. who are renowned for their spring reconditioning service, and might well have the dimensions you require if you contact them. They are:

Jones Springs, Gladstone Street, Darlaston, West Midlands. WS10 8BE. Tel: 0121 568 7575.

On a technical note - ensure the springs are properly heated, set and tempered - as some spring re-setters merely bend the leaves cold - and they will revert to being "saggy" within a short while if done by this method.

bop

Re: Daimler 15 DHC spring measurements

Post by bop »

I have been corresponding with Kev from Jones Springs (sales@jones-springs.co.uk). He asked if I had the Daimler part number for the springs. Turns out, that on my car there are copper bands on the springs with the numbers stamped on them.
rear.jpg
front.jpg
front spring.jpg
This is his reply
the details i have are,front spring curve C 3.250" center of eye to main leaf.
rear spring curve E center of eye to main leaf 6.87".
I am very happy with the quick and helpful response I received from him.
I have sent a similar request (twice) for info to Owen Springs and it has been almost a month with no reply!