Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Trying to answer emails.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Trying to answer emails.

Post by A.N.Other »

Marcel & Geoff.
For some reason your emails arrived many days after being sent.
I have replied but have no replies as of yet which may suggest I still have issues.
Any way I have tried forum PM,s so let's hope that works.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Trying to answer emails.

Post by John-B »

The PM system is a bit unreliable, it works as intended but depends on the person you PM'ed logging in and noticing a small red square next to Private Messages (top right) and so you may wait for a reply. Persevere with emails as most people check their emails once a day.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Colin

Thank you for your reply, which I did receive, and apologies for my non-reply so far. Too many other issues invading my space lately. I've made a note so will come back very soon.

I see that you describe yourself as an "Ex Dart Owner" now. What has happened? Have you disposed of them, all?

Cheers

Geoff

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Sadly Geoff, yes I am Dartless.
It seemed the right thing to do at the time to sell both the Darts. As far as I know both of the new owners are happy with the cars which makes me feel happy. I now have a 1935 AC drop head coupe project car, a Mazda MX5 which I use for track days and a Honda S2000 to use as a stop gap until I find the right Mercedes Pagoda, TR7 factory V8, Sunbeam Tiger or another SP.
The AC is a money pit (it was in a garage for 35 years and I now know why. It was knackered when it got wheeled in) the Mazda is great fun, cheap and reliable. The Honda is what I would call a Twenty First century (year 2000) equivalent of the SP. It is a great all rounder which was not the fastest of its day but was fast compared to others in its price range. It is just as happy going to the supermarket as it is winding down country lanes as it is storming the autobahns as it is touring the continent.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !