If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post as topics are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

Valves.

Marcel Renshaw

Valves.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I have a quantity of inlet and exhaust valves. Many of which are not identified.
If you have a sample to work from I might be able to supply what you need.
9431B29A-587E-4162-A19B-D55B11680320.jpeg

Stan Thomas

Re: Valves.

Post by Stan Thomas »

Hi Marcel,

I'm afraid your posting of those valve things really upset me, as it made me realise the shear pergatory having to be endured by most of my fellow Club Members condemed as they are to a life of grinding in valves, adjusting tappets, and pinging split collets across the workshop never to be seen again.

So as its Christmas, I thought I'd give you all a treat by showing you a picture of an engine which requires no maintenance at all - except for tipping oil into it two or three times a day.

A Merry Christmas to you all!
Attachments
DSCF1892.JPG

grahamemmett

Post by grahamemmett »

Wonderful.

Dinner is served.....
Graham Emmett
Northwich, Cheshire
Joint DB18 Registrar (with Marcel Renshaw)
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)
https://www.db18.org

Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Stan,

Just lovely; such a shame that the sleeve valve did not live on longer in road vehicles. So much less maintenance and adjustment to do.

They lasted longer in piston aero engines, I don't know why, do you? You don't happen to have a Bristol Centaurus as well perhaps?

Regards, and Happy 2020 to all when it arrives. Will we still be driving our old petrol fueled classics in 2029? Or will we have converted them all to run on hydrogen?

Fossil