Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 250 Man overdrive gearbox with bits!

Marc Mears

V8 250 Man overdrive gearbox with bits!

Post by Marc Mears »

I have for sale a manual 4 speed gearbox with overdrive out of a Daimler V8 saloon.
Quite a rare thing.

I was going to use it for may Dart but ended up getting the old box converted to overdrive.
List of parts is

Gear box – will need reconditioning.
Prop shaft - saloon one – will need reconditioning
Flywheel – used
Engine sump
The steel plate that bolts onto the engine so you can mount the gearbox.
A reconditioned new correct clutch and clutch plate (this cost £250 alone!)

So, all the parts you need to convert your auto v8 250 to manual, apart from the peddles, or all the bits to convert your Dart to an all synchro overdrive car –
I am open to sensible offers for the whole lot.
I can also get it sent to you on a pallet - but that would be extra ( but at cost)

Regards

Marc Mears
Daimler Dart. Healey 3000 Mk3. VW T2 Camper. BMW 2002tii. 996 Turbo. BMW Z3M. Hillman Tilly. Rolls Royce 20/25. XK 150 ots .BMW 3.0 CSL 73. Sunbeam Alpine Mk3.Morris 8 Tourer. 97 XK8 Convertible.Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Citroen Mehari

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: V8 250 Man overdrive gearbox with bits!

Post by tjt77 »

Marc.. where are you located ? .. I can use all the parts . Im in northern california.. regards, Tim ( tim.trevithick@yahoo.com)