Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Original conquest radiomobile radio for sale fully working

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Original conquest radiomobile radio for sale fully working

Post by Phillmore »

My understanding is Radiomobile and HMV were both parents of the same company. I have that model in my Mk1 which has the HMV badge on the top of the centre button.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Actually Smiths Industries were one parent. The HMV logo was used until the early '60s (except for American exports). The 4260 was the medium range model with AM and LW. The 4300 had SW as well and the base model 4262 had MW only. All were HMV so maybe the badge has become detached over time unless it was an export model?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Trabant77

Post by Trabant77 »

Right as someone who restores valve equipment for a living heres the actual story Marconi were the parent company of HMV HMV being the down market versions of Marconi radio sets usually exactly the same Gubbins less posh case Smiths really have nothing to do with any of it the sets were manufactured by Marconi Smiths merely being a handy way of selling motor equipment. Either way it doesn't particularly matter if you want HMV glue your badge on its exactly the same set lol.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Yes just interesting delving into the history. There's an interesting site detailing the Radiomobile sets as fitted to classic Jags from the 40s to the 70s. It looks identical to the one in my Mk1 (presumably a 4260) except for the HMV logo on the centre button.
Andy

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

If you PM me your bank details I can arrange payment.
Andy

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Do you restore old radiograms too. I recently bought a 1930s Pye Model G sunrise.
Andy

Trabant77

Post by Trabant77 »

Yep radiograms are a speciality

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Silly question but I assume it was restored to original Positive Earth spec?
Andy

Trabant77

Post by Trabant77 »

Yes however if you want it neg earth I can sorth that.

Trabant77

Post by Trabant77 »

Personally I don't go in for this sticking alternators on old cars thing so all mine run positive earth negative earth seems.to have a very detrimental effect on bodywork.