Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler V8 Rocker Cover Spanner

russcarpenter

Daimler V8 Rocker Cover Spanner

Post by russcarpenter »

We have just finished the development and manufacture of our new Daimler rocker cover spanners.
With a limited run of 50, we have 40 left available on a first come first served basis.
Made from high strength but light weight Acetal and Aluminium tube the spanners have been designed to be hard wearing for longevity while light and easy to use.
They allow easy removal and fitting of the rocker cover nuts to the Daimler engine when in the car or the workshop, while being designed to prevent damage to the nut or rocker cover.
Available at £40 each with postage to the UK at £4.35 via 1st Signed For. Happy to ship internationally at cost
Email your name and address to andrew@daimlerv8.co.uk and we will send you a paypal invoice with the correct shipping costs.
Alternatively, we can bring them to the International Rally to save on the cost of postage.

ImageImage
ImageImage

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler V8 Rocker Cover Spanner

Post by tjt77 »

Nice, thoughtfully conceived and useful tool for the daimler mechanic....it would likely prevent any damage in removal of older rings that have locked in place due to age and corrosion/crud build up in threads..(seems they are commonly damaged on other edges from hammer/chisel merchants) for my part, it seems the O rings 'squish out' is one tightens them too much, so this tool not necessary for assembly in my case...... may be the quality of O rings I'm supplied with however.. I have not tried to source any 'others' as yet..

russcarpenter

Post by russcarpenter »

yes it's a problem that has always been there, I modify the nuts to prevent that on my engines

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Russ

Great news!

Please take one to Redhill for me; still hoping to get there in the SP, just the door cards and seatbelts to fit and an MoT, everything else assembled and working after many years of non-appearance at an International or similar event. The last one was the 50th Anniversary at Solihull/Gaydon in 2009. Since then it has had a full engine rebuild with diaphragm clutch and Jaguar 4 synchro overdrive gearbox followed by a complete retrim just approaching completion. Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself?!

I look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers

Geoff

russcarpenter

Post by russcarpenter »

Not a problem Geoff. We will keep one aside for you at the International Rally.
We are down to 30 now so if anyone else is interested please get in contact soon.
Many thanks,
Andrew Carpenter

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi Russ
I e-mailed you requesting one. Did you reacheve it.
Rigards
Colin

russcarpenter

Post by russcarpenter »

If Andrew doesn't reply I will keep one for you Colin

csm1406

Post by csm1406 »

Hi Russ
Hope all well with you - put my name on one of these - I will go to Brooklands on 10thJune - If you or Andrew are there can I collect if not happy with postage cost. We fly to Scotland on the Sunday so cannot make Redhill. Had my SP since June 1980 - thanks for your help over the years.

Cheers !

Cameron

russcarpenter

Post by russcarpenter »

I will let Andrew know, I don't think we will make the 10th with getting ready for the Sunday,