Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler V8 Saloon Disassembled Engine

Willsparker

Daimler V8 Saloon Disassembled Engine

Post by Willsparker »

Hi,

I've reasonably recently bought a second hand engine that is better suited for my Daimler saloon restoration, so I now have a mostly complete disassembled engine that I need to get rid of, preferably before going to University in September. The engine is mostly there, however missing the following (big) things-
Distributor,
Carbs,
Inlet Manifold,
Crankshaft,

I do have all 8 pistons however, 2 of them are unusable. The camshaft is intact, as well as the heads, however the heads will need a clean and maybe re-skimming due to light corrosion. Thanks for looking, I just thought I'd give the other Daimler enthusiasts the chance to buy it before it goes on Ebay. I'm based in West Berkshire, close to the border to Hampshire- about 30 minutes from Reading. If you're interested, send a private message. Cheers,

Will

captain bobo

Re: Daimler V8 Saloon Disassembled Engine

Post by captain bobo »

Hello Will, do you by any chance have a power steering pump available?
Best wishes, Dave B

connort

Re: Daimler V8 Saloon Disassembled Engine

Post by connort »

Hi,
if you have the water pump pulley with the enlarged rear section for driving the alternator found on later cars, I'll buy that from you.

Regards ...
Connort