Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1920/30's Spare wheel Mounts.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

1920/30's Spare wheel Mounts.

Post by Stan Thomas »

Where would you find these if you needed them???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-car-1 ... SwPK1ZQocO

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: 1920/30's Spare wheel Mounts.

Post by Sydsmith »

Stan, this chap regularly lists Daimler parts amongst all the other stuff he is breaking, he has several unusual Daimler Lanchester BSA bits on his list now, including a complete set of glass for a Lanchester 11, and a set of six wheels form the early thirties, which probably explains the wheel mounts, looks like he has broken an early car with side mounts.

He did list an early six light body some months ago, perhaps these are from that? It did not sell and he relisted it, but still went unsold.

He once listed a 15 dash which I was interested in but missed the end of the auction. It did not sell so I sent him an email, which he ignored so I sent him a message via fleabay and he ignored that also.

Strange thing is he has never relisted the dash, even though he must know there is someone interested in it.

He is not cheap but if he has it and you want it then you have to pay the price. Syd

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

Isn't this the character who broke up a 15 for parts when it was a restorable car?

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Thanks for putting me in the picture, and sadly, I have to agree with you both, as it appears to be the norm that a restorable car broken for spares will often render a greater profit than sold as a whole. I also have an interest in vintage bikes, and it is rare to find even a complete engine now at autojumbles, as that too will have been dismantled to sell the individual components.

That said whilst replying, I need to make up a set of sleeves for my 1931 16/20 - (as 16/20's don't have those funny engines with leaping sticks) and I've heard a man "in London" may have some.

Any idea who it could be, as knocking on every door in the great city is going to take ages!!

Regards to all