Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Free - V8 saloon engine converted to SP250

gwhiting

Free - V8 saloon engine converted to SP250

Post by gwhiting »

Hi,

Last year I swapped the 250 V8 engine in my Dart for an original Dart unit - the old engine was tired and leaking oil, but had obviously been converted to fit the Dart.

The old engine was stripped down and my engine builder told me that the crank couldn't be ground any further - I've since been told that it could have been chromed to add more metal.

Anyway, I have a (believed to be complete) 250 V8 engine converted to fit the Dart, but disassembled, and free to whoever would like to come and collect it from Norfolk. As far as I know it's complete with pistons, valves, heads, rocker covers etc, but I can check specifics if anyone wants to know. If nobody wants it then it'll get scrapped, which will be a shame.

Graeme.

newtruck

Re: Free - V8 saloon engine converted to SP250

Post by newtruck »

It would be a shame to scrap it for sure.

My 250 v8 needs some attention, some spares would come in handy .

JohnM

Re: Free - V8 saloon engine converted to SP250

Post by JohnM »

Graeme,
I've sent you a PM via this Forum.......
Cheers,
John M in Middlesex, NW London
1962 SP250 "B" Spec
DLOC Herts Region Sec