Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

EL24 parts and spares for sale

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

EL24 parts and spares for sale

Post by marchesmark »

For all EL24 Owners: I have just picked up a collection of spares formerly the property of the late Garth Isaac, who owned CUR 241, a lovely early EL24 DHC. I have not had time to catalogue formerly, but from a quick inspection the following is available:

x2 Lucas BiFlex headlamps. Chrome mostly very good, reflector silvering very good, no major dents, both glasses intact. One at least contains the electric dipping mechanism, not sure about the other.
x1 Notek spotlight, black body, yellow tinted glass, in reasonable condition.
x1 crankshaft vibration damper assembly, complete and looks in very good condition.
x1 camshaft, surface rust, might clean up. Does not look worn.
x1 fluid flywheel, good condition, moves freely, plus bellhousing for same - good condition.
x1 Tecalemit grease gun, VGC.
x1 speedo cable outer, looks in VGC, no inner.
x2 fuel pumps, plus a petrol reserve tap assembly - look brand new to me.
x1 carb rebuild kit - lots of gaskets needles etc, not sure if complete.
x1 instrument centre panel, c/w panel lamp switch, adv/retard lever and petrol reserve knob.
x1 pair chrome 'Desmo' type caravan mirrors, in excellent condition with square mirrors on long arms.
Lots of smaller items - nuts, bolts, fixings, water hoses (new), tub of waterpump grease, bottle of Penrite steering box lube, lots of lithium grease, Castrol shock absorber oil, lots of ignition parts, lamp bulbs, Imperial box and open end spanners, new gasket material (heavy cork for rocker cover, also some heavy paper), used inlet/exhaust manifold gaskets, a few door handles (some need rechroming, they don't all appear to match).

There is also a complete engine block and crank, but this would need collecting from Lincolnshire - I could not get it in the car.

If you are interested, please let me know. I will be selling items off for small sums, all proceeds will go to the Royal British Legion in memory of Garth.

I am afraid I cannot post - I work away from home in the week and just don't have time. I would also prefer collection so that you can satisfy yourselves that the items are what you need and are in the condition you want. If anyone wants to give me a £100 donation for the lot, that would be great (the headlight glasses alone are worth that).

Please PM me, or phone - contact details in the DM

Mark (EL24 Registrar)

ron.rsp

Re: EL24 parts and spares for sale

Post by ron.rsp »

Hi Mark, I think my email address on the forum may not be working!

Could you please contact me at- rsp@agri-images.com

Regards Ron.

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: EL24 parts and spares for sale

Post by marchesmark »

Hi Ron (and all others interested),

Everything has now been sold, and £100 will be sent to the RBL in Garth's memory. I believe some bits may be available in due course if not required, but I will let the new owner post about that when ready.

Thanks for all the interest.

Mark