Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 Consort radiator and grille

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

DB18 Consort radiator and grille

Post by marchesmark »

I picked up some EL24 parts yesterday - the owners also have a complete DB18 or Consort radiator assembly and grille, including frame and header tank (at least that's what I think it is). They would like that gone too - I did not take it as there was no room in the car, and I have no use for it. If anyone is interested, please contact me by PM or via the details in the DM, and I will put you in touch.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos!

Mark (EL24 Registrar)
Attachments
20180104_113746.jpg
20180104_113731.jpg

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: DB18 Consort radiator and grille

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

It looks later than the DB18. The Consort has an hinged flap for the starting handle.

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

OK thanks Marcel - Conquest perhaps? Just taken this photo off ebay (it is of Kevin Bennett's old car, currently for sale). A 1953 Consort. Also a Conquest. Looks quite similar. Can anyone advise me further?

Edited to add: it does look more like the Conquest - not so angular and possibly shorter? It's going for free in Lincolnshire, so if it is of interest let me know.

Mark
Attachments
8484944.jpg
consort front.jpg
20180104_113731.jpg

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by NickDeAth »

The clue is the Consort has a round hinged flap and I believe the Conquest has a flared out centre piece..

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Dave P informs me it is from a Conquest or Conquest Century, and fits the following: DJ250/1/2/3/6/7 & DJ260/1. It is now spoken for.

many thanks for all the interest.

Mark