Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 Front wings

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

V8 Front wings

Post by Sydsmith »

I have front wings for my V8 on my ebay search list with Mk2 Jaguar included. These came up yesterday.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-Mk2-E ... 1438.l2649

They seem to be too good to be true, so I did a bit of research and noted that the vendor had not sold a thing for years though he/she has bought lots, has a female looking sellers name.

So I sent a message last evening asking to view them, 10 seconds later I had a reply and it turns out they are not in Humberside as the sellers registered address suggests, but are in Surrey, but the seller declines to say where in Surrey.

If any one is interested in these I suggest cash on collection only. Syd

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: V8 Front wings

Post by JT7196 »

Listed as Jaguar Mk2/ E Type Front Wings!! Not sure how one would could or even want to try and fit them to an E-Type !!

Cheers A’l :D

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

They seem to have stuck at £31 which for a pair of these wings is a steal.

As you say Al they don't seem to know a Mk2 from an E type.

Some one is either going to get a bargain or they will be ripped off for the end price.

Graham

Post by Graham »

They look fibre glass to me

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Good Point Graham, I see what you mean, but the vendor has gone to ground, answered my first two questions within seconds but not responding to my question about location.

He responded to my first question with a buy it now price of £375.

If they are genuine steel and as good as they look, I would gladly pay that for them and travel, but not without seeing them in the metal, so far have not had any luck with an address to view them, except to say they are in Surrey, big place that. Syd

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi I have contacted seller and asked the question ,here is the reply:-

Hi
They are made of steel feel free to reach me on -oh se se si for si ate won free se free.
G

Next was a request to clarify the last answer:-
Last edited by JT7196 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

[quote=JT7196 post_id=17582 time=1516898868 user_id=99]
Contacted seller and asked what material were the Wings constructed from,

Here is the reply:-

Hi
They are made of steel feel free to reach me on -oh se se si for si ate won free se free.
G

Next was a request to clarify the last answer. ! :lol:

It’s spelt ‘phonetically’ first two letters (se is seven) free is three etc
So if I’ve got this right.......

It’s 077646 81373. :D :D

I suppose that it’s a way of placing your phone No on e-Bay without infringing their rules :D

So there you have it. ! !

Cheers A’l :D :D

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi ,here is the info on those wings that you require :-

Hi wings are in London, if any of you are interested , why not ring the No in my last thread?
I’m actually in Surrey, the wings are in North London-I can send detailed pics if you drop me a line via phone.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

JT7196 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:14 pm Hi ,here is the info on those wings that you require :-
Hi wings are in London, if any of you are interested , why not ring the No in my last thread?

Sellers last message read:-

I’m actually in Surrey, the wings are in North London-I can send detailed pics if you drop me a line via phone.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Think I will pass on these, much as I am tempted, the clincher is that I can't see how he can possibly send them to me for £20.

Don't like the feed back trail, does not ring true to this transaction.