Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DJ250 engine

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

DJ250 engine

Post by Fossil »

FTAGH - FREE TO A GOOD HOME - one cast iron cylinder head Conquest engine with some ancillaries:

Present: inlet/exhaust manifolds; single Zenith carburettor; water pump and two blade fan; thermostat housing and top pipe; dynamo; ignition coil; fuel pump and pipe to carb; oil filter body and bowl, crankshaft pulley and vibration damper. The spark plugs have not been removed.

Absent: starter motor; distributor; dip stick; engine back plate; flywheel.

The crankshaft turns easily, the water pump does not turn.

The history/mileage of the unit is unknown, I bought it as is for the alloy rocker cover which I have removed and replaced with a standard steel cover. At some point, probably many years ago, it has been nicely detailed with dark metallic blue paint that is still intact on the block.
I've been overcome with uncharacteristic philanthropic emotion and wish to give this away - it is on a pallet, ready to go to whomsoever wishes to pay for the pallet carriage. But it has to go complete, I will not remove anything that is still present.
I have taken some photos which I'll post when downloaded.

Everyone should have a spare engine for an old car as a good luck charm to discourage fate from inflicting a catastrophe such as a dropped valve or con-rod through the block upon the ancient one. I already have a spare Century engine and ancillaries, so this is totally surplus to my requirements.

Regards

Geoff Douglas