Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 Rocker Cover.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Daimler 15 Rocker Cover.

Post by Stan Thomas »

Saw this on Ebay - might help someone!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-engine-p ... SwZz9a9wJg

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Daimler 15 Rocker Cover.

Post by Petelang »

Looks to suit earlier engines, such as my 1934 1805cc model. I think later engines with the 2003cc have a different cap arrangement.
I'm not sure if they are a universal fit.
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Quite right Peter very different from my 1937 larger engine 15 sports.

Might fit but would look wrong. Syd

captain bobo

Post by captain bobo »

I have a number of parts catalogues for all versions of the 15. The rocker cover shown looks to be part of component list no. 22325 for chassis numbers 33700 - 34354. This would make it suitable for the 1805 cc engines built in 1933.
Best wishes, Dave B

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

Hello Dave,

you're really right. This rocker cover is just for the 1.805 cc engines, which has been built from September 1932 until July 1934. The rocker cover for the 2.003 cc engine has a rotating oil filler cap made of bakelite instead a flap made of aluminium. But as the block for the 2.003 cc engine is the same as for the 1.805 cc engine, this rocker cover could be used for the 2.003 cc engine too, but without the correct look.

Rolf B.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

There is a later one on ebay but is ridiculously expensive at £200. The early one is about 6-8 miles from me but unfortunately I don't know who the buyer is.