Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler E20 reconditioned water pump.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Daimler E20 reconditioned water pump.

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Reconditioned pump, new shaft, carbon bush and drain tap.
Please contact me for more details.
Attachments
WP_20180712_001.jpg

PhilB

Re: Daimler E20 reconditioned water pump.

Post by PhilB »

Hi Marcel,
I have an e20 water pump that is in good condition except for the inlet connection to the rubber hose which has completely corroded away.
What are my options?
many thanks Phil

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

The options on this type of pump where the corrosion has destroyed the casting vary.
The end cover can be replaced or it may be possible to cut back the aluminium and then weld on a new section.
In the case of the body for the E20 cutting back the casting and welding in a new section is possible but more tricky as the temperature to weld the aluminium can cause the white metal bush to melt. The body casting can be replaced by modifying a casting from a Daimler 15.
I hope this helps. if you could add some pictures it might be possible to advise further.

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Thanks for replying. I think you have answered all my questions. I have taken photos of the end cover and inlet, the main body of the pump is good. I have found a local company who repair cast aluminum inlet manifolds etc.
Phil
Water pump 2.jpg
The attachment Water pump 2.jpg is no longer available