Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Special Sports - Oil Bath Air Cleaner

lanchesterdaimler

Special Sports - Oil Bath Air Cleaner

Post by lanchesterdaimler »

Hi,

I am currently undertaking/completing a restore of a Daimler Special Sports which my father previously owned and was unable to complete the full restore.

As part of the journey I am trying to to locate an Oil Bath Air Cleaner for a Special Sports and the assoicated right-angled air which joines the underneath (via the hose).

King Regards, LanchesterDaimler

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Special Sports - Oil Bath Air Cleaner

Post by Stan Thomas »

Bear in mind oil bath air cleaners were fitted to many cars around the 1950's and 60's - so once you have determined the overall diameter of the body, you can widen your search and then concoct one by slight alteration if need be to fit your car - just a thought and another route out of the problem!

They were amasingly efficeint both at filtration and silencing the incoming air.

DW1900

Re: Special Sports - Oil Bath Air Cleaner

Post by DW1900 »

Hi all,

Just as a matter of interest, did you ever find an air filter housing either original or from another car? Would be good to know which other cars used that housing. Also if another car has the same inlet manifold as the sports special.

Regards

Dave W