Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Grab a bargain

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Grab a bargain

Post by Sydsmith »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-METAL-WASH ... 1438.l2649

SP250 body mounting washers and spacers if I am not mistaken, but only for the wealthy.

At over £100 each, they must be solid gold at the very least under all that crud.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Grab a bargain

Post by A.N.Other »

Surely the decimal point is in the wrong place. They should be a £1000 a pop.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

I could make them almost as quickly as it took the vendor to type the ad!

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

I think the price no corrected is quite fair.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

As you say Marcel, more reasonable now he has moved the decimal point, took him a long time to spot his error,

If they are SP then there are 26 of the dished washers on an SP two will not go very far and at that price a set will cost you a packet. The others don't really look like the right spacers on a closer look. Syd

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Then you must add postage. .......................

(thinks. ........) Why does the price of almost everything to-day end in "99" - and what will we do when the universe finally runs out of number nines?

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

They certainly don't look like SP washers. The rectangular holes suggest they're designed for coach bolts, which aren't used on the SP. Since the vendor doesn't seem to know what car they're for, even at the updated price they would seem to have a limited market.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Can't see why anyone would buy them at all Nick unless they are for some rare thing we don't know about, even then a good afternoons fettling and most of us could make them for a lot less. The dished one look very similar to the SP250 body/chassis washers, but the other three don't match anything SP250 in my experience.

Ah now Stan, sceptical you might be, but I was in electrical retail for over 50 years and had several shops. One day at a staff meeting I asked if anyone had any ideas about means of raising profits.

A smart manager had anticipated the question, (or came armed with an idea) easy he said, we sold over 20,000 items in our branch last year, all but a few ended in 99p, all we have to do is round up to the nearest £1 and our shop will make £2,000 extra profit. So we did, rounded up £99.99 became £100.

First day I was standing there and an elderly chap came in and said, I came in to buy a new TV but I see it has gone up in price, Currys down the road have still got it at the cheaper price, if you can't match them, I am going there to buy one. But it is only 1p dearer protested I, yes said he but it is still more expensive. We soon moved back to 99p. Syd

None as queer as folks.