Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

majestic major DQ/DR 450 v8 4.5L original head gaskets found.

chevy6600

majestic major DQ/DR 450 v8 4.5L original head gaskets found.

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi all. i have a few sets of stainless steel head gaskets as originally made for the majestic major DQ/DR 450 4.5L V8 by British Leyland. I have placed a set for sale on ebay.
I am mentioning it here as i know the availability of these are like rocking horse £$$%, and daimler enthusiast may very well look here first for finding parts for these old cars and i would like my parts to be used to keeping these fantastic engines alive and kicking.
I bought a number of these head gasket sets from British Leyland around 40 yrs ago ( i believe i bought there remaining stock) and i came across them in my garage recently.

Regards to all Daimler enthusiasts
mike.

Ozzsp250

Re: majestic major DQ/DR 450 v8 4.5L original head gaskets found.

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Link for those who may be interested.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daimler-Maje ... SwC4FdSXbK

chevy6600

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi all. I have sold the head gaskets in the link above. But i have advertised another set here. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264427922032 ... 1555.l2649

chevy6600

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi all, i have sold the head gasket in the above link.

chevy6600

Post by chevy6600 »

Hi all.
i have had an email from someone here, but the email was via the admin, i have had no private message sent so unable to reply directly to them. They asked if i had any remaining gaskets. (i`m not sure if they want me to mention their name), but in answer to their question, I have one last set of gaskets un-used, un-opened in the original packaging. I have not yet put them on ebay yet as i have to find a box for them for safe shipping (more difficult for a box to get bent in the post!.....it would be criminal for possibly the last set of gaskets in existence getting bent in the post.......) and then i will wait for an ebay free advert day. I would think it likely that ebay give me (or my wife that is) a free advert day within the next week or 2. I also expect to find a box within this time.
I will provide the link hear when available.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

chevy6600 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:15 pm Hi all.
i have had an email from someone here, but the email was via the admin, i have had no private message sent so unable to reply directly to them. They asked if i had any remaining gaskets.
If you mean that a forum member emailed you via the forum, then you get an email that seems to be from the forum email address, but if you click reply, your reply email should show the member's email in the 'To' box ready to send.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

It was me that emailed you. I will happily buy direct from you which will save waiting for a sell it for a £1 day.