Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Interesting V8 Saloon - post edited

KV8

Interesting V8 Saloon - post edited

Post by KV8 »

Please see ebay item 264457742760
This car was obviously at a prototype stage when Jaguar took over. It is reminiscent of the Standard Vanguard Vignale and think I did read somewhere a few years ago that Daimler had explored a possible liason with Standard. However I did not realise this had gone as far as this leaflet indicates

Anyone with further details ?

This post has been edited as the pasted link to the ebay item would not work for some reason?

Regards

H

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Interesting V8 Saloon - post edited

Post by John-B »

see ebay item 264457742760 sales brochure £75
s-l225.jpg
s-l225.jpg (7.88 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
hideous :o

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

The brochure appears to be for the Hooper bodied monstrosity on the SP250 chassis, unveiled at Earls Court in 1959....
Capture.JPG
I didn't realise it had actually reached a point where a sales brochure was produced. An interesting piece of history!
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

The eBay item is for the sale of a brochure, but KV8 has told me that he wished to encourage discussion and knowledge feedback of another Daimler Saloon using the Turner V8 that obviously nearly made it to market. He is not trying to promote the eBay sale so I have left a copy of this topic in the Daimler V8 forum for discussion of the proposed car there.