If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

Conquest and Century engine numbers

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
Richardthwaites

Conquest and Century engine numbers

Post by Richardthwaites » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 am

I'm trying to untangle the history of a DJ250 Conquest, located in Australia, which was re-built at some point using parts from two vehicles.

The current configuration is apparently a standard Conquest body, though with a Century bootlid (added chrome flashes).

Engine No. 76409
Chassis No. 85295
Body No. 013231

Can anyone tell me whether that engine number is from a Century or a Conquest? It has twin carbs that would suggest a Century, but I'm wondering if just the carbs and manifold were substituted.

Richard