Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest Progress

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Conquest Progress

Post by theoldman »

Just a commoner garden gun and a Wolf compressor.
Normal for Norfolk

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Well, the grey is on!!! Had ONE bit of fisheye on the boot lid so had to re - do it and ONE minor reaction on the front scuttle. Both sorted.
Attachments
Conquest Grey 2.jpg
Conquest Grey 1.jpg
Normal for Norfolk

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Getting there........................
Attachments
Conquest 3.jpg
Normal for Norfolk

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Who needs a professional paint shop when you have a shed! Can I book mine in Neil?!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Write your name and address on the back of a £50 note and send it to me to join the booking queue, Andy...........................

Anyway, first test run out today, just a few miles to Mundesley and back to a) get fuel and b) pick up pills and potions for SWMBO.

I was pleasantly surprised - it performs as well , if not better than my old Century!!! Few niggles. a "clonk" from the back somewhere when negotiating the not so good coast road and the tracking I think is toeing in too much as there is little self - centreing. Will pop it down the "tyre place" and get it checked. Speedo is reluctant to move "instantly" reading slow when it actually gets there, but it may be lack of use and it will free up in time. If not, off it will come and will treat it to some "make it go" spray.

Still to do - paint inside the door shuts, put another coat on wheel arch and sill edges, then attack the interior woodwork....................

The V8 saloon rimbellishers rings look quite good! Thanks to DaveP for spotting these on E Bay for £15!!!!!!
Attachments
IMG_20170213_160020895.jpg
IMG_20170213_160010761.jpg
Normal for Norfolk

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

ps - the heater is BRILLIANT!!!
Normal for Norfolk

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by HenryC »

Hi Neil,

That's looking really good. I am jealous.

Haven't managed to work on mine for about 3 weeks now
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Is that a P6 in the background? I used to have a 1971 TC - lovely cars!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

1971, Andy but an SC Auto - my daily driver!!! Bit gutless but VERY economical.
Normal for Norfolk

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Slopped a bit of paint around the door shuts today. I'll leave it a few days, wet and dry it off and then apply a second coat. Took the opportunity of the "drying time" to check flywheel & gearbox levels and these are not only OK, but the oil looks brand new.and really clean.

New heater knob fitted so you don't now rip your fingers apart setting the temperature..................

Sanded off the dash and front door cappings and applied first coat of "Ronseal". Doesn't look half bad, so I think another couple of light coats should do it. I wonder why the Mark 2 "strict" Conquests were never fitted with the Mark 2 dash? Or were they eventually????

Clock still on test - can't seem to find an optimum position for the F&S control. It either gains 5 mins a day or loses same!!!!

Quick trip to the post office and as usual came out to find a gaggle of onlookers.............................
Normal for Norfolk