Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

More information of the Daimler Airflow by Windovers required.

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
Barrie

More information of the Daimler Airflow by Windovers required.

Post by Barrie »

After a lifetime of interest in the marque I've never seen this bold effort by Windovers.
Hers a link.
http://www.coachbuild.com/forum/viewtop ... #p65013The
Attachments
image.jpeg

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: More information of the Daimler Airflow by Windovers required.

Post by simonp »

A lovely car but never heard any recent history. We are so lucky to have Brian Smith and Chris Clark write
such wonderful and comprehensive histories of our cars.

I feel sure the Windover must be in Daimler Days. I look forward to seeing the Joseph Mackle car that lives with George Stapley's old Light Straight Eight. Such a shame they are not seen at rallies.

SimonP
Last edited by simonp on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Barrie

Post by Barrie »

More pictures I've found of the Windover's Airflow
image.jpeg
I'm not sure what this is - maybe a trafficator?
image.jpeg
Extraordinary radiator grill!
image.jpeg
Reminds me of Munch
image.jpeg
Does anyone know what chassis its on?

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Would be interesting to hear when it was last known and if it survived. Coachbuilt examples like that could have travelled anywhere across the globe.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Barrie

Post by Barrie »

I could easily imagine that when the chrome wore out the cost and complication of rechrhroming the radiator grill caused the car's demise.
I can't get to any of my Daimler books at the moment but as far as I can remember the car has been hitherto unreported. Is this the case?
Has anyone on the forum seen it before?

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

It is interesting that the body of this car is very similar to that of the 1937 E18 with a body by the Mayfair Carriage Company of Hendon, which is published in Chris Clark's Lanchester Legacy, Vol 2, p102. I know of no connection between Mayfair and Windover apart from the fact that both were based in North London.

Dennis