Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Muliner light 15 sports, how many?

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Muliner light 15 sports, how many?

Post by Sydsmith »

In a recent fleabay listing the seller, who is a member of this forum said that he had been informed that there could be but 7 Mulliner Light 15 Sports saloons left.

I would be surprised if that was correct but just wondered if the car I have is that rare?

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Muliner light 15 sports, how many?

Post by John-B »

Is AVC 846 one of them?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=864
It was at Sherborne Castle show last year, but I'm always confused about all the different models of Light 15. Big A'l knows all about it.

My father had a 15 coupe, possibly a Mulliner, BHW 152 but that registration doesn't exist now.

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Syd/John,

Please.................

There is no such model as a Daimler Light 15.............................. :o

Daimler made a Light 20 and a Light Straight 8, but never a "Light 15"

The model is purely and simply a "Daimler 15"

Please write out the above 100 times and see me in my study after prep............... :lol:

Neil

ps - I believe some French company did make one, mind.
Normal for Norfolk

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Sorry Neil, made that mistake before when I bought the car and promised you NEVER to do it again and there we go again. Put it down to advancing years :)

The problem is that "Daimler 15" like "Austin 10" covers so many models over many years with very different characteristics. As I understand it, and hopefully Neil will chip in for us, the 15 was made in some very different shapes and styles. For me the confusion comes with the usage of the word lite for windows in old terminology, there were as far as I know four and six lite versions.

My question is about the 15 sports saloon by Mulliner, which has a distinctive elegant rear end treatment which I just love.

I am not sure John if the white one is such a beast, I think it is as it has that rear end shape, but as I said I am a novice when it comes to this model.

It looks to me to be an early 1932/33 version (it has the smaller wheels centers) which has had a vinyl top fitted, which may well be original or a later addition perhaps.

Either way I am asking for more information about the numbers of 15 sports saloons by mads by Mulliner and how many are known to survive today.

I notice a member from Germany has asked a question about his car in wanted section so that makes 8, if it is indeed the model we are discussing. Syd