Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 DHC - A new love story?!

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
neotrack

Daimler 15 DHC - A new love story?!

Post by neotrack »

Dear Daimler enthusiasts,

Before talking from the Daimler car itself, it seems interesting to present myself briefly.
I'm 38 years old and I'm living in Belgium and I'm restoring motorbikes for more than 20 years ... (for pleasure - I have another job!)
I'm just love cars and beautiful mechanics and racing and restoring cars is my drug to decompress ...
I'm owning a MG TA from 1936, which is really great fun to drive, but in the meanwhile I have two children and I'm willing to travel with them at some events or rally's.

So, I fell in love some days ago and I purchased impulsively a Daimler 15 DHC from 1935.
Impulsively and crazy, because of the beauty, the comfort of the DHC (very important in Belgium), the smart preselection gearbox, the 6 cylinder, the interior, ...
I'm not always understood by family and friends, but that's another story. :lol:

As you can expect, I have no glue of Daimler cars (not yet!)

About the car:
Daimler 15 Light - 1935 Mulliner Drop Head Coupe. (DHC)
Parked since 2011 (but it was not a big deal to start the engine yesterday!)
Daimler & Lanchester Owners Club Badge on the front grill. (that's why I landed on this forum)

So, my question to the club/members: Does somebody from the club knows more about this car?

It seems to be owned and driven by the "Family van der Wall" in the Netherlands from 1981 to 2011.
Would have used on the African territory from 1940 until 19?? as I have found some import files in the history (Commonwealth?)
Hydrolic clutch seems to be overhauled in 2006 in the UK.

Any further information is of course highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Fred
Attachments
download_20171211_204112.jpg

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Daimler 15 DHC - A new love story?!

Post by John-B »

Are you sure it has a clutch? Or a preselector and fluid flywheel?

If it has a fluid flywheel and preselector, you will find this driving instruction useful:
https://daimlerandlanchester.com/how-to ... -selector/

The left pedal is not a clutch pedal, it is used in a very different way.

My father had one, probably by Mulliner.

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of members who own a Daimler 15 who will give you help.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Welcome to the club Fred and congratulations on buying such a great car.

If you have a UK registration number or even a chassis number in your records of the car it would help trace the history.

I am sure there is some one here who can help, if not there is a very knowledgeable member who reads but does not contribute to this forum who I am sure will contact me if he knows the car.

Enjoy your new motor. Syd

neotrack

Post by neotrack »

Hi Sydsmith,

I do not have the UK register plate, as the last registration has been done in the Netherlands.
So, I can give you the frame number and the actual licence plate
Licence plate from the Netherlands : GF-82-KV
Frame number: 40755
Hope it helps the research.
Any more information is highly appreciated.
Best regards,