Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Website with Daimler history

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Website with Daimler history

Post by migray »

Came across this website where the author had assembled quite a lot of information about Daimler from its beginnings to the end of production.
https://myntransportblog.com/category/daimler-company/

Mike

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Website with Daimler history

Post by John-B »

A lot of photos of lovely old cars, lorries, buses, ambulances, military vehicles, planes, boats, etc. I wish I could see some out and about.

I recognise a lot of the photos from Wikimedia Commons but he has done quite a bit of research to go with them.

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Christopher Storey »

What a lovely find. Can anyone tell me what the six light car car reg no EDU 58 is appearing in the photographs of 1947 cars which are shown just after the brown ? Charlesworth bodied 4 litre saloon. Is it a DE27 with a special body ?

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Hello Christopher,

EDU 58 is a 1939 ES24, chassis 48272, well photographed in period as it won a couple of concours competitions, and had features such as Thermos flasks concealed in the rear armrests, picnic tables and so on. The photo is very well known, showing the car with what looks like the personal mascot of King George VI, but he did not own the car. The ES24 was supposed to be an owner/driver version of the EL24, but the differences are slight (and the EL24 could itself be ordered as an ELS24 for the owner/driver). ES24s have a curved radiator grille, and EDU 58 at least has the Daimler 15 type dashboard, rather than the simplified EL24 dash. I say 'has' because the car still exists, and is slumbering quietly awaiting restoration.

Hope this is useful.

Mark
Attachments
ES24 EDU 58.jpg

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I have known EDU 58 for the last 40 years during which time it has been stored awaiting restoration. There is an inheritance problem which is causing the delay. I managed to get it moved to a dryer storage place and took lots of photographs. It will need a complete restoration.

Salmons