Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Information required

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
Dai3348

Information required

Post by Dai3348 »

Hi I have a Daimler special and I am looking to find any information on its origin. It was found in a field about 20 or so years ago with a timber frame and aluminium body. it has a fluid flywheel drive system and no doors. It is a 2 seater step in type. It has 1 clock for the speedo and that's it. the front end and timbers on the running boards were put on by someone years ago (very badly may I add.)
I am drawing a blank here. I was told many years ago that it may have been built for rallying but I have no way of verifying this. the number plate is not original. Thanks for your help My phone number is 07969779913 I have pictures that I can email. I'm trying to upload on here but keeps telling me the file is too big.
Any help appreciated
Many thanks

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Information required

Post by John-B »

Can you reduce the size of photos to about 800px x 600px and less than 1MB? Then use Attachments, Add Files and then click Place Inline when it's uploaded. We would like to see the photos.

Other people have shown larger photos but you may have been refused because your post needed approval, but I'm not sure why you couldn't add the photos.