Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1935 Daimler 15hp

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
BeezaDaimler

1935 Daimler 15hp

Post by BeezaDaimler »

Does the DLOC have anyone who deals with registration number recovery?
Can the club do a dating certificate which will be accepted by the DVLA?
I have a totally original 1935 15hp Mulliner Sixlite that's just come out of 50 years storage and has no paperwork. I'd like to retain the original number.
It's never had a V5. It's original number plates are still on the car.
BSA's products fuel my passion..........

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: 1935 Daimler 15hp

Post by theoldman »

You need to speak to John Ridley

His details are on the back page of DM.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Sounds interesting. Do you have any pictures of the car and what are your plans.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

BeezaDaimler

Post by BeezaDaimler »

I'm going to keep it original, oily rag. Sympathetically bring it back to life.
It's engine turns and its complete even down to its tool kit.
It's survived remarkably well despite the garage roof leaking and damaging the roof covering/rear window frame. The floor has also delaminated and will need replacing.

JohnRidley

Post by JohnRidley »

If you have NO paperwork (not even an old tax disc) then the chances of retaining the original number are slim. The Club has been going for 50 years and so it is just possible your Model Registrar, Clive Hawkins, has some notes. It will be worth contacting him. Jaguar/Daimler Heritage have only a few pre-War records, but it's worth a try.

Provided we can confirm year of manufacture, often by referring to close chassis numbers, I can write a letter to DVLA saying at least you should be given an age-related plate. You need to contact DVLA to get your forms, of which I have to put the Club stamp on the V765 (only a simple 1-page job) and return it with my letter.

Briar & I hope to be downsizing shortly, which may cause some delays.

John

BeezaDaimler

Post by BeezaDaimler »

Have you got Clive's number please? Does he have a Mulliner bodied tourer?
I think I may have met him at Welland Steam Rally last year.
The car came from a deceased estate hence no paperwork.
It was supplied new by Stratstone, Pall Mall (it still has the dealer plate on the dashboard) so maybe they have records? What about the Kithead Trust or Jaguar/Daimler Heritage? Maybe they can help?
I recovered the number on my Ford Eight on the V765 scheme with no paperwork.
It would be such a shame to part the original number from the car.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Peter

Without wishing to be rude, may I ask if you are a member of the DLOC? If not, I think it would not be unreasonable to suggest that you join if you wish to have the benefit of advice and support from the Club's voluntary office-bearers.

Sincerely

Geoff

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

There is some information about the DLOC club here: http://www.dloc.org.uk/ which may be useful to you.

It sounds a very interesting car. My grandmother and my father owned the Mulliner 15 in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

In writing this, you'll be aware I have no idea of what the number in question is so it's genuinely meant as something to be aware of with any car that has been off the road a long time. Because the original plates are still on the car, it doesn't mean that something might not have happened to the original number in years gone by. It's worth making some checks on the likes of the number plate dealer's sites to see that it isn't for sale or with the DVLA to see that it hasn't been reallocated before doing anything else.

I think it's worth doing this particularly when there's no paperwork. Just a suggestion !

BeezaDaimler

Post by BeezaDaimler »

I will send the form and remittance to join the DLOC this week. I've only just bought this car although I do have another identical but incomplete 1935 15hp and also a BSA 4 cylinder 3 wheeler. I have checked the DVLA website but the number doesn't show up. I will have a scout round the number plate dealers sites too.

My name is Peter and my company is called Classic Dynamo & Regulator Conversions Ltd. I may have met some of you out and about at various shows.
We're at Wollaton Hall, Nottingham next weekend and I believe the club have a display there?