Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1937 Daimler

DR450USA

1937 Daimler

Post by DR450USA »

This was just posted in USA on ebay. Doesn't look too bad, shame the factory motor is gone. I'm not sure what the model is called.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAIMLER-/29263 ... 2518.l4276
s-l1600.jpg

Beat Weibel

Re: 1937 Daimler

Post by Beat Weibel »

I think it is a Straight Eight Limousine. However, the grill doesn´t match. These rounded grills were produced only after the second world war as of 1947 approximately.
BR
Beat

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

The first Rounded Daimler Grill was on an EL24 in 1939.
Dennis

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Whoops I keep typing the wrong thing. The first car with the Rounded radiator was the ES24. Which I located in Bedfordshire, a few years ago, and managed to get the owner to put it into good storage where it awaits restoration.

Dennis

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

The grill of this car looks to me like one from a DE36, 1947 or later,

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

My learned friend has sent the following comment on this car.
The car discussed on the forum is indeed a Straight-Eight, a V4 1/2. It has been updated with the post-war "DE"-series frontal treatment.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Hang on... there's a 4.5 litre Daimler V8 advertised on eBay - if only....
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

I had posted the same car almost 2 weeks back..(see below) .. cosmetically it looks nice..clearly its had a good deal of time and money spent on it, and should be a dependable and very useable car with the modern era GM engine (appears to be the common 350 or 5.7 litre) but it needs some additional work to match a few things.. the rear axle has bolt on wheels (likely a more modern unit... and is most probably a dana 44 ) whilst the fronts appear to be spilne drive.. so one would need more than just 1 spare wheel .. the good news is that splined hubs with fit the dana 44, which is almost identical the the Salisbury 4HA unit used on the 2 1/2 litre V8 saloon and Mk2 jaguar.. no info on gear box , but its likely a 3 speed auto or the 4 speed overdrive unit.. either way a very unusual car that has been mechanically altered to suit a US owner/operator.. cosmetic restoration to this standard would cost more than asking price.. but value is of course in the eye of the beholder..