Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Majestic Major KCH 144D on ebay

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Majestic Major KCH 144D on ebay

Post by Chris_R »

I think the limousine version is even more precarious than others. Most classic cars are owned for the enjoyment of their owners and to be driven by their owners. While of course the limousine can be driven by a classic owner, its not really the sort of car that you drive for pleasure. It was designed as a working car, whether that be a captain of industry or town mayor or diplomat being chauffeured around. As I recall the Pakistani Ambassador had one in the Italian Job, which Charlie Croker's girlfriend nicked to meet him with on his release from Wormwood Scrubs. Mr Bridger got out of one at the funeral. The Majestic Major Limousines weren't designed with the owner driver in mind and today there isn't the demand or market for that kind of car and so they whither and get broken up. No one wants them, not even the classic car wedding trade, at least not in this country.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Relisted as an auction with a reserve price. Currently bid to £8,000 with 7 days to go.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Bidding ended at £11,950 without meeting reserve.

JDB

Post by JDB »

Is this a new seller or just a new listing ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daimler-Majes ... SwLF1YARS5
JB

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

I think this is a new seller who has bought it a much lower price than the £24k odd he's asking.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Yep, new seller on the other side of the country.
Curiously, this new seller is also selling a Silver Shadow "as 1966 Daimler Majestic Major arriving soon and I need the garage space".
The previous seller struggled on several occasions to attain this kind of price and I suspect this seller will also struggle.

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

Oh good/such a shame/oh, how sad.......
I'm off to dry out my hankie on his behalf......
Cynical? What me? No, surely not.

Dobbinridesagain
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Dobbinridesagain »

Crusher? The loss of the engine would be a tragedy. That was a great engine.

Ivor

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

I saved the engine and box from the last one broken up.. back axle too as i hope to use the 3.77 'powr-lok' in another application..also saved some of the shiny bits..but the body and interior was in appalling condition having suffered the ravages of many canadian winters and a long term home for rodents, so was scrapped.(the fellow I purchased it form hauled it all the way from central canada) don't know about Uk .but it getting costly to dispose of old cars here without a title document.. My assistants cut a 420 into 5 pieces a year or so back and saved all mechanical bits.... paid someone to haul the pieces away and it was returned the next day, as 3 different 'recycling facilities' refused to take it on the grounds the metal parts were an 'undocumented car'... a second 'chancer' tried same thing.. and also returned it.. 3rd time it finally went away.. Oddly enough a car minus engine can be exported WITHOUT documentation as its considered 'no longer a car' if devoid of engine..

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi TJ, that exemption regarding the export of cars without an engine has recently changed. US customs used to allow cars to leave the country without a title but as I found out whilst investigating the export of a Dart, that is no longer the case.