Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DE36 . Now if you have a few bob to spare

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

DE36 . Now if you have a few bob to spare

Post by New Dexter »

It appears that one of "The 205" has re-appeared, this time in the US

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/de ... efer=alert

If you try the copy and paste routine it should take you to the site but as it's just under $800,000 it might discourage most of us.

Interestingly I spoke to someone recently who had his FIAT 500, 1971, valued at £22,000. I wonder why some of our cars are so seriously under-valued.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DE36 . Now if you have a few bob to spare

Post by Stan Thomas »

It gets dafter!

Didn't one of those tiny Peel 50cc single seat cars (made on the Isle of Man) recently fetch over 30 grand?

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by New Dexter »

It's an interesting air cleaner assembly. I haven't seen one like that before. I would suggest that it was made especially for that car. The originals are just silencers and I wonder how they "clean" the air.
Perhaps the round drum like assembly is something from a Special Sports

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Stan Thomas wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:50 am It gets dafter!

Didn't one of those tiny Peel 50cc single seat cars (made on the Isle of Man) recently fetch over 30 grand?
yes was well over as it was a 1964 Peel P50 which fetched £120,000 ($176,000 USD) at the Bruce RM Sotheby's Auction in March 2016. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe- ... n-35803356)
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

All that great attention to "Detail", and I see that the Horn and Indicator controls are in the wrong position on the Steering Wheel!

Cheers A'l :D :D

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Re the air cleaner I think it is an oil bath type, like the special sports one.
Possibly an export model, to cope with all those dusty roads in America!
Peter Grant

Roark

Post by Roark »

Would it be possible to replicate the air cleaner? Given that the originals are described as nothing more than "Air Silencers" and appear to be nothing more than tubby silencers and not air cleaners it cannot be good for the engine can it?

Would anyone have any suggestions as to how this could be reproduced? I could have the main plenum folded up but what about the horizontal cylinder and the vertical one?

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Er.......reference the text accompanying the advert, Silver Flash was built on the DF302 3 litre Regency chassis, not the DJ.

Cheers

Geoff

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

There is a fellow on eBay at the moment wrecking a DE hearse and maybe selling the standard air cleaners.
I think that those air cleaners were also fitted to the export Conquest Century saloons.
If you check fleabay under "Daimler DE 36" they might still be listed.
My DE has a pair of the standard air cleaners as it was a government import to Australia.
Cheers
Peter Grant

Roark

Post by Roark »

Peter,

Do you mean the chap in the New York? He seems to have dismantled the engine and be selling off parts from that too.