Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Special Sports for Auction Sale in Australia

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Daimler Special Sports for Auction Sale in Australia

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi Everyone,

One of our members has just alerted me to the forthcoming auction of this excellent Special Sports here in New South Wales.
the car was at one time black over claret and displayed at the Birdwood National Motor Museum.

The last owner put the car through an extensive restoration, claiming the colours chosen were as original.

Not sure about the white walls but as for the quality of the restoration, it is really up there.

Given the currency exchange rate this could be a great buy for a UK enthusiast.

https://classiccars.pickles.com.au/avai ... s/?paged=3

Cheers
Peter Grant

Marcus

Re: Daimler Special Sports for Auction Sale in Australia

Post by Marcus »

Hi Peter, that looks great. Is it a no reserve auction? I’m tempted to stay up late!

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi Marcus,
I don't know what the reserve would be.
The museum is the brain child of a guy who made millions selling used cars in Europe. He displays hundreds of classic cars and all are, apparently, for sale. Those with prices shown are set at a high price so these 70 cars he is selling will probably have a highest reserve.
The car was sold by the former owner with a price point of $60,000.00 Aust but I don't know what price the museum paid for it but it must have been fairly close so the au toon price might be similar.
The car certainly looks great and used to belong to an enthusiast called Garry Rainsford and was on display at the Australian Motor Museum at Birdwood in South Australia for many years before being restored by the last owner.
Cheers
Peter

Crossley Stephenson

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Cars like this one; in very good restored condition should make serious money. AUD$60000 is a bit light on IMHO. They should be touching AUD$80000.

Beautiful cars and great fun too!
Michael

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi Everyone,

I understand that an estimate of $AUS60,000.00 to $AUS80,000.00 was placed on the Special Sports but it failed to sell.

A friend of a friend enquired afterwards and offered $AUS40,000.00 but was told that more had been bid on the night and rejected so thank you but no thankyou.

The car remains available, I would imagine, for a figure somewhere in the range of the original estimate.

Cheers
Peter Grant