Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1952 Daimler convertible on eBay

Graham

1952 Daimler convertible on eBay

Post by Graham »

There is a Daimler for sale on eBay in a sorry state, does anyone know what kind it is? I am unable to put the link up

Graham

Re: 1952 Daimler convertible on eBay

Post by Graham »

Here is a picture of the car
C9C34D7E-C53D-4821-962F-E05EC50C5F05.png
C9C34D7E-C53D-4821-962F-E05EC50C5F05.png

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

It's this one.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Db n j »

I have received more pics of the car from Keith - basically same as now on e-bay.

I see that there is now a £4000 bid.

I do hope the bidder is familiar with the specific model, and has a good look at the bits on offer -

not sure how much of the engine is SS, so need to confirm that and especially the gearbox.

,,,then there are the hard to get bits like steering wheel, chrome, instruments and seats, which I cant see. (there are pics of a
steering wheel but not the right one, and a speedo, again not correct.

where did the car come from ? can anyone confirm - I do remember visiting someone not far from Leicester a few years ago - Mick Simmonite when searching for a rear wing for our SS - he had 2 derelict bodies like the ones on offer ?. and a SS to restore and a chassis with running gear. The same ??