Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Sportsman for Sale

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Daimler Sportsman for Sale

Post by theoldman »

He's still a way to go to beat his County neighbour, John Marshall!!!!

..........and Mr. Marshall also has an Ex Gash, Newark, Daimler BUS!!!!!
Normal for Norfolk

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Marcus wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 am My wife would call me a serious hoarder but then again I know how many pairs of shoes she has.
I wish I knew how many pairs of shoes my wife has, it might allow me to get another car!

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

A challenger to the title of biggest collection of rust?! I can't have that - I will have to update my profile!! Look out for some adds by the end of the week!
Merry Xmas all....

Barrie

Post by Barrie »

Hello Marcus, how are you getting on with your new acquisition?
I wonder if you'd care to share a few initial observations.
I'm particularly interested in how the most powerful of Daimler engines mated to a pre-selector works on the road.
Regards,

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi Barry,
The car doesn’t drive very well at the moment. I have freed up sticking front brakes and adjusted the carbs but that’s about as far as I have got. I have ordered new points, rotary and condenser as the ones in situ have been there a while. I am hoping that these will help cure the rough running. The car was originally French grey over green and the previous owner is sending me some pictures of the car as it was before being painted maroon.
I think the car look so better in it’s original colours.

Barrie

Re: Daimler Sportsman for SaleBSS

Post by Barrie »

Thanks Marcus, most interesting.
When I was interested I looked at the Mot history and saw quite a few brake problems but once you get it right a little regular use should solve the problem.
You're right about the original colour scheme, it sounds lovely. I always think about hat burgundy is a bit of a cop-out and the period two-tone is more in keeping. My DBSS was black over fawn (like a Guinness label) but a subsequent owner soused it in Burgundy. Having said that my current car is burgundy.
Pictures please and keep us up to date - it's fascinating car!