Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1950 d18 Tickford drop-head coupe reg HGE 326

John-B
Site Admin

Re: 1950 d18 Tickford drop-head coupe reg HGE 326

Post by John-B »

Marcus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:10 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daimler-DB-1 ... Swb3laLofR

Or there is this one at gbp 265,000!!!
There is no bidding on this item, so contact the seller for more information.
If there's no bidding, does the seller really expect to sell it for gbp 265,000. If not, what's his reasoning? just advertisement with no expectation of a sale?

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Only 15 miles from mine we have a local farmer who likes to dress as Winston maybe he will be interested in buying it , has this not been for sale before just the price that moves and that is up. :D

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I cannot believe that a Winston Churchill connection would boost the price that much.

Dennis

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Valuation aside, if you have a vehicle, (or anything else for that matter) that you thought was worth that much money would you attempt to sell it on fleabay?

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Can we get the Winston Churchill lookalike to be photographed with more Daimler's? If he could make that much difference to the price people would gladly pay him a big commission.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

If I recall correctly this car was restored completely by a very expensive German firm, the name of which I do not recall, but they were also selling a rather nice V41/2 open tourer conversion also restored to a high standard at around the same time. I suspect that the high price was originally set by them, which may say something about the regard in which Churchill is held in Germany?

Cheers

Geoff