Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Fifteen Sports Saloon

rogcal

Re: Daimler Fifteen Sports Saloon

Post by rogcal »

I think it's reprehensible for anyone to rob a car of its original number plate but greed and human beings .................. say no more!

OK, there may be situations where plate transfer is acceptable i.e. the car is beyond recovery and I'm all for making sure the DVLA doesn't get their hands on the plate to resell and in those situations it should be allowed for a person to place that number on another classic that had had its number robbed and replaced with an age related plate.

Incidentally, I was allowed to transfer a plate off of a vehicle without an MOT a few years ago and all it entailed was a police officer coming out to check the plate on the donor vehicle against the chassis and engine number and didn't cost me any extra.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Daimler Fifteen Sports Saloon

Post by Sydsmith »

It was totally un-roadworthy. Not a single front light on it, all of them were in the boot, engine not running, no exhaust and the tyres were all completely shot, it can only have been issued with an illegal MOT.

You have to wonder why in this day and age and the value of an MOT testing station franchise, why anyone would risk their business by issuing an illegal test certificate.

There are some odd people about.