Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Five SP250s For Sale - USA

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Five SP250s For Sale - USA

Post by Sydsmith »

Howard, the cars are indeed extremely cheap and I would be surprised if they are still available.

At under £10k each plus transport costs they would still be very cheap imports. Your idea is a good one, however I wonder if there is any chance that by the time a cooperative was arranged they will still be available.

There has to be a fair value in that racing engine.

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Should anyone want to talk to seller here's his info and telephone number.

The cars are in Chehalis Washington 98532, call if interested

Thanks Ralph +1 360 508 4500

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Looks like an offer at the asking price has been agreed. If it falls through I may get a call, in which case those of you that want a cheapish dart better put your hands up quickly! I have shipped a lot of cars from the US and would punt at around GBP 2000-2500 per unit fully landed and transported from Felixstowe. One might get a bit of a discount for a bulk buy but not much....

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi all,
A short update. The 5 darts were still for sale earlier this week. I have been talking to the vendor, and he will not go lower than 63,000 USD for all plus the spares which includes several engines. My shipping quotes came back at approx USD 11,000 for US inland transport plus loading into a forty foot container to Felixstowe. Local charges here in UK are around 500 pounds.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

whilst it does seem odd that 5 SP250's have come on the market from one collection.. its a pattern that is not unusual .. commonly serious collectors that have a passion for a particular type of car will have several examples of that special rare car in their collection. It makes sense to buy others who they come up at the 'right' price, due to the issue of having sufficient parts. this is not the first time that multiple SP 250s have been offered by one individual in the past 2 yrs or so .. no doubt when I fall off the perch, there will be multiple cars of same type up for sale at fire sale prices.. one persons treasure is another's pile of junk.. I doubt there will be an instance where 5 SP250s emerge from obscurity again, but the survival rate does seem to be very good.. as it does for other quirky/unusual low production cars.. huge numbers of brit and other euro sports cars were sold in USA and many of them came to west coast and survived, due to the climate being friendly as regards corrosion.. the larger Austin Healey's a good example..with over 80% of production exported to N America.. seem to be more SP 250's survived in USA than anywhere else..

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I agree.
The cars are still for sale, and the vendor is now considering splitting the lot. I have asked for his prices.

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Hello All
I spoke with Ralph today. He wants to break up the cars so I asked him to text me what he wanted.
Ralph Text me:
We just got all the tittles put in are dealer name before selling . The yellow car is 27 k the red car is 23k the red car with the bad paint is 18k . The roller with all the extra parts is 10k the body only is 4K . The extra injection I will sell for 5k . I will sell the race engine and all the parts and 2 extra blocks for 15 k . Thanks for the help . Let me know if their is something you are interested in .

I am not a buyer at those prices.
If you are interested give him a jingle. 360-508-4500. if you want me to pass a message along I would be glad to help.

Good Luck

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

It seems that the two cars in better condition have been sold off separately, and now the seller is looking to sell off the other three (more or less) and the pallet of parts for $14,000.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/ ... 68347.html

I am just an hour's drive south of Chehalis, but find that one SP250 project has been more than enough for me!

Thanks to fireboss for spotting this!