Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

charlesworth

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

charlesworth

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Attachments
charlesworth.jpg
charlesworth2.jpg

Marcus

Re: charlesworth

Post by Marcus »

It seems rather a strange thing to do - strip the body and sell separate from the chassis. Is the idea that you then have to buy the seats and other rare fittings at inflated prices? Shame - looked to be a nice car. What would engine would have been original to this car? A straight 8? I don't suppose there are too many of those around to refit. I so have a few spare DQ450 engines - might make an interesting car!

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

This chap earns his living this way but has sold a few cars complete as of late would b a pity to see it sold as 2 parts, it has no registration doc's and the chassis is long as is the body.
So sold as 2 parts guess it would get a chop to make it smaller if only it could be restored as it was, must be a rare car such a shame to see it as bunch of parts.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I’m just about stupid enough to think this could keep me busy until I’m too old to hold a spanner. There a lot missing which could mean every holiday spent autojumbling. If anyone has a picture of what this should look like please post it.

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

Have done a quick search through Daimler Bays and found several saloons but no Drophead. It would have had a straight eight engine.
Dennis

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks for looking. I have been trying to find some images as well without any luck.

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I asked my learned friend Dave Philpot about this one.

He commented on the front door being rather short for a drophead making it difficult for passengers to get into the rear seats. Then he sent me the following,

"As suspected, a limousine with the roof chopped off. This V26 is pictured in Daimler Days Vol.2 on p.525.
Mystery solved."

Dennis

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Aha!! Well done Columbo!
In that case all bets are off. I'll keep my powder dry for something more deserving.I am not able to access my copy of Daimler Days at the moment but I will take a look when I am back in the UK.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Chassis made £1175-00

Body made £371-00

looks like bought by 2 buyers

From what has been said seem's a bit of money for this and can they really use the chassis unless it gets the chop.