Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

3 Darts for sale in USA

Ozzsp250

3 Darts for sale in USA

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Ozzsp250

Re: 3 Darts for sale in USA

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I had a contact from Marcus via the forum admin -- as member is unknown to me I can not make direct contact but have dropped a note to the seller on your behalf Marcus.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks Kind sir! The site of my black dart in sleepy Lincolnshire as persuaded a friend of mine to secure one...it could be the 2nd LHD car in the county!

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Here's the history on the green racing Dart

This is what my boss gave me on the history of the vintage car:

The green car was set up for racing back in the early 2000's. I have a CVAR log book- Corinthian Vintage Automobile Racing. I took it to College Station and during qualifying, I had an engine failure. The engine was torn down, machine work completed and is ready to be reassembled.

The car has the original style shocks in it and I had an alternate set up with Koni shocks fabricated and installed. These can be easily unbolted if the car is campaigned in a CVAR style race series (needing to be original).

I purchased the car back in the late 90s from a dealer, The Collins Brothers, Dennis Collins from Fast and Loud fame. We took the car down to bare metal and prepped it for Vintage Racing.

It has TR-2 suspension with Koni shocks, aftermarket TR-2 Sway bar, new wheel bearings, all new bushings. It has a Tr-4 Rack and Pinion Steering rack. The rear end is stock with the exception of the mounts for the Koni shocks noted above. Stock brakes, transmission, etc.

It is a no rust car and the entire car is still in great shape.