Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1964 Daimler V8 saloon at Historics auction today

KV8

1964 Daimler V8 saloon at Historics auction today

Post by KV8 »

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auct ... v8-saloon/

Above is for sale - no reserve.

However does not look entirely right as has slim bumpers and padded dash that I thought were only fitted to late 1967 V8 250 models onward?

Howard

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: 1964 Daimler V8 saloon at Historics auction today

Post by Salmons »

When I was looking for a V8 250 I found several early ones that had been updated with slim bumper and padded top rail the dash. They probably had other items that I did not notice.

Dennis

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Personal preference but I think the thinner bumpers look much better than the Armco style earlier ones. Maybe the owner though the same and changed them.
It's common with Landrovers to newer fittings on older vehicles to update them.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

Upgrades in the engine bay too with dynamo replaced by alternator and later air filters.

Surprisingly though the Chassis No indicates power steering, a nice option but this appears not to be there - a strange down-grading!

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Sold - £10,640
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Of course the buyer actually paid £11.917 including commission and VAT thereon.
My '66 V8 also has alternator changeover as this one appears to have, but agree no power steering reservoir in evidence of photos.

However envious of wire wheels :mrgreen:

H

captain bobo

Post by captain bobo »

Nice looking car. I know a couple of V8 2.5 car owners who have modified their cars to V8 250 spec: individual air filters, alternator, padded dash etc. I also know 2 V8 250 owners who have replaced the padded dash and plain wood door cappings with the wooden dash & door cappings from the V8 2.5.

Given the year of the car I imagine someone has added the upgrades to "convert" a V8 2.5 to V8 250. I am also puzzled by the lack of power steering. Also I couldn't see a reservoir for the screen washer although the top of the bracket seems to be there.

Is the cigar lighter missing? For a while I was puzzled by what looks like a wire running from the centre console to the offside door footwell until I realised that there are speakers (stereo?) mounted each side.
Best wishes, Dave B

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Good Grief - I never realised the 'extras' added up to that much! :o
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Id suspect its a later series car that has had an 'identity change', which is not unusual when beyond economical restoration..it seems to have all the V8 250 bits, including the rear valance.. could possibly be an upgraded '64, but doubtable someone would go to all the trouble and expense to do so.. later cars with missing titles are out there.. its easy to switch the ID plates.. the only 'stamped' number is located on the bonnet shut panel and not all the cars have it..especially the later models sold for home market..post '67 the stamped number was often lightly engraved in normal place..2 coats of primer will cover it.. far less work to replace a comprimised body with one that requires little work to restore.. not saying this is the case.. but the above scenario is not uncommon..