Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8250 MOD Saloon at ACA

KV8

V8250 MOD Saloon at ACA

Post by KV8 »

John-B
Site Admin

Re: V8250 MOD Saloon at ACA

Post by John-B »

CKX 132F
Chassis number 1K2656DN

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

That seems remarkably cheap!
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I have noticed that this auction house often puts items up with a very reasonable estimate.

Dennis

silverfox

Post by silverfox »

The seats look like they have done more than 42K

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

silverfox wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:02 am The seats look like they have done more than 42K
That was my thought although presumably the service history will back up the mileage.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Twickers

Post by Twickers »

According to the 2009 mot it has done 61650 miles at that point and failed on quite a few items including corrosion in a number of areas. Subsequent mots then give an advisory of the underbody being heavily under sealed.

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Twickers wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:43 pm According to the 2009 mot it has done 61650 miles at that point and failed on quite a few items including corrosion in a number of areas. Subsequent mots then give an advisory of the underbody being heavily under sealed.
The 61650 miles I think was an entry error as the pass a month later shows the mileage as 41650. Subsequent MOT's confirm this reading.
However i also think this car may actually be 140,000 miles +.

Photos are not great but hints of door bottom corrosion? Last MOT actually had no advisories

H

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

without full documented history the 'stated' mileage is a moot issue.. the one image readily accessible shows some 'iffy' stuff..body is wavy all over.. the front wheel arches look to have been replaced by a merchant of body filler ..were one to remove the paint there is a nightmare underneath.. guaranteed.. we all have different standards and i am constantly surprised by what some people find 'acceptable'.
Had a drive in customer last week with an MGA he paid BIG money for .. were it in my possession id send it to the crusher.. the body was appalinglly bad.. none of the panels fit properly.. the car had been hit hard in the front and poorly repaired.. but it did have fresh shiny red paint and nice interior and the engine sounds good.. owner oblivious.. I did not burst his bubble..
caveat emptor.. If you do not have good knowledge when considering classic car without comprehensive documented history..find an established marque expert to check it over before parting with your money.. when buying restored car.. make sure there is photo documentation of the restoration process.. new paint and new interior can hide a myriad of issues.. also with the daimler V8s.. make sure you get the engine up to FULL OPERATING temperature ( at least 30 mins of driving) before assessing the engine..if the oil pressure drops more that 20 lbs between cold and hot readings ..walk away.. or be prepared to open your wallet to some serious cleansing..