Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LHD v8 2 1/2 on fleabay ...

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

LHD v8 2 1/2 on fleabay ...

Post by tjt77 »

it sold on 1st day of listing.. unsure of the link will be accessible from here.. I have an ongoing 'search' on ebay .. car was sold before listing was received.. the ford 302 ci engine would give performance well exceeding that of a Mk2 jaguar..

daimler: 1 new match today
1964 Jaguar Daimler 2.5 V8
1964 Jaguar Daimler 2.5 V8

Buy it now: $4,400.00
9 inquiries

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: LHD v8 2 1/2 on fleabay ...

Post by tjt77 »

dont have the listing number or images.. maybe someone else can find it .. (it sold ..so will require a search)

Item specifics
Condition: Used Year: 1964
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): P1A20335BW Mileage: 49,834
Transmission: Automatic Make: Jaguar
Body Type: Coupe Model:
Daimler 2.5 V8
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty Engine: Ford High Performance
Vehicle Title: Clear Drive Type: 4WD
Options: Cassette Player Fuel Type: Gasoline
Exterior Color: Burgundy For Sale By: Private Seller
Interior Color: Tan Drive Side: Left-hand drive
Number of Cylinders: 8

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Tim I think from the description this is one of the scam cars that keep appearing on the site.

Not sure why they allow such scams to be repeated over and over again, there is so much of it.

Mostly with way out descriptions, this one says four wheel drive, really???? they all start at 99p and use different selling addresses mostly in the London area.

There has been an SP250 on the site for months, when you click on it the listing has been delisted, so why allow it to remain on the site?

Syd

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Syd, thanks for pointing this out..my brain is not trained to seek out scams on ebay.. but Im aware there are plenty of then out there.. especially true on Craigslist.. I have seen that car before.. it was sold in Santa Barbara area about a decade ago.. via ebay i think..and in better shape at that time.. I like the idea of fitting a Ford 302 (5 litre) . it's both compact and light for power output..plus the narrower V makes it an ideal fit in the Jag Mk2 /daimler platform.. somehow more 'legit' in a Daimler though..given it had V8 to begin with.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

I think it was most likely a 'real' sale..the seller has 111 transactions logged.. and again..Ive seen this very car before. when it appeared for sale decade or so back here in California.. in better shape at that time.. the condition in ebay images is consistent with cars in Wa state.. listing is visible with a search of 'completed' sales..

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

notified by ebay again today of 'New Daimler' :- same car again.. LHD with ford 302 engine in Wa state.. I dont have the ability to load the listing though to this site though .. I think the settings on my mac are all messed up..and since internet does not require spanners, and torque wrenches.. I have no idea how to fiix it.. may someone else can post the listing here?

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

Tim,

The link the easiest way to let others 'see' the listing. The seller has been an E-bayer since 1999 but only feedback in 2013......

Don't know if its a scam or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Jaguar-Da ... LI&vxp=mtr
Attachments
seller.JPG

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

OzzSP250...Many thanks for posting the listing.. I talked with the seller and its 'real'..I'm planning to go and check the car out..Its the self same car that sold not too far from me about 12-13 yrs back .. current owner says it had some chassis work and it has not been run for approx 4 yrs.. it is sitting rather low at back on R/h side, which could be bad news..

Last one I purchased out of same area (about 20 miles from location of this one) without inspecting first had advanced corrosion... Jacking points and spring hangers shot..which is a VERY costly and time consuming thing to resolve.. previous Daimler V8 saloon listing on ebay I checked out in person was last year in Los angeles area..BADLY mis described ( I dont think out of bad intent...more lack of knowledge ..sellers and inherited it) and very glad I did..the car was a complete pile of garbage ..but looked good in images posted on ebay. Had been restored on the cheap about 25 yrs previously..plastic seats and cheap carpet and headliner..body full of bondo typical of ex UK cars....many patches had been welded to body and it was erupting in several places.. neither ran or drove.( I did get the engine to fire on separate fuel source.. it was totally shot..death rattle on start up.. it barely managed 25psi oil pressure stone cold..would not fire on all cylinders.) I walked away .. someone purchased it 'sight unseen' for BIG bucks in a final last minute bidding frenzy . Caveat Emptor..

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

Update.. I did end up with the car.. not in my possession yet.. awaiting transporter to deliver it.. a heritage certificate has been issued and is in the mail .. it has the optional power steering and appears to be quite an early example, going by vin number..

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Did you find the cause of it sitting low at the back?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster