Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Conquest DHC DJ252 on auction in France

Beat Weibel

Daimler Conquest DHC DJ252 on auction in France

Post by Beat Weibel »

Quite expensive:
http://fr.zone-secure.net/40451/799590/#page=23
Screenshot-2018-4-14 AUTOMOBILIA du 01 mai 2018.png
Osenat May 1st, 2018

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler Conquest DHC DJ252 on auction in France

Post by tjt77 »

Looks to be a nice car... expensive ? maybe.. but restoration costs on one not as nice, would far exceed the price estimate..and DHC's have to be very rare at this juncture in history..
I've completely forgotten how these cars drive.. I do remember the contemporary 'auntie' Rovers and the Talbot 90s ..both heavy , ponderous and handled like a beached whale when pushed in an undignified manner.. part of the reason I sold my 'time warp' Riley 2.6 was its lack of sporty handling.. oddly the previous model ( pathfinder..which I still have several of ) is a far superior car in handling brakes and overall get up and go.. not quite as good a 'cruiser 'though..the 2443cc hemi 4 banger makes excellent power.. but gets harsh above 3,000 rpms when it really starts to perform...

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

Looks like a nice car. I do note a few non-original items: hupcaps, over-riders, oil-bath air cleaner.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Oil bath air cleaner standard on export models, Chris.
Normal for Norfolk

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

Neil,

Agree - but this is a Right Hand Drive car - likely sold in the UK.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

DEC Editor

Post by DEC Editor »

Despite being RHD it might still have been sold new in France. I know of a DE limousine which is RHD but is fitted with a KPH speedo and LHD Marchal lighting (with yellow headlight bulbs). Certainly in some markets RHD was/is seen as somewhat chic (or simply that the owner is Yakuza). Alternatively an overseas customer might have settled for an immediately available RHD car rather than waiting for a LHD to be built (bearing in mind that body production from Carbodies would have been something of a production bottleneck).