Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 Walters body reg JF 0429

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Daimler 15 Walters body reg JF 0429

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Last edited by Norfolk Lad on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Daimler 15 Walters body reg JFO429

Post by Salmons »

Nice Car and Good Value at this price

Dennis

captain bobo

Post by captain bobo »

Certainly a rare car; I rather like the style of body, quite stylish compared to the saloon versions of the same period.

The more I looked at the photos the more work I realised is needed. It should make a fantastic project for someone with bodywork and upholstery skills. I hope it goes to a good home.
Best wishes, Dave B

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Nice looking car as you say Dave but lots of work and I am not sure about that number, it does not tie up with the model year and is probable an age related number as they used the spare Radnorshire numbers for that purpose. Pity if someone stole the number as that will reduce the value.

Not sure but did we not see a similar car some time last year which also needed a full restoration. Syd

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Sydsmith wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:32 am Nice looking car as you say Dave but lots of work and I am not sure about that number, it does not tie up with the model year and is probable an age related number as they used the spare Radnorshire numbers for that purpose. Pity if someone stole the number as that will reduce the value.

Not sure but did we not see a similar car some time last year which also needed a full restoration. Syd
yes Syd was for sale HERE and Registration is right is just misquoted here should be JF 0429 which is Leicester 1930-1935
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler 15 Walters body reg JF 0429

Post by Norfolk Lad »

seem's only correct that i correct my posting so now reads JF 0429 i hope

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Norfolk Lad wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:04 pm seem's only correct that i correct my posting so now reads JF 0429 i hope
:D easy Mistake lol
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Yet again i need to correct had a email from our much missed Young Man which he gave the following.

The registration was correct as JFO429.

This "JFO" registration series was a series unused by Radnorshire, and so was used for re-registrations, hence there are actually quite a few vehicles about which wear JFO*** numbers.

many thanks and yes we will say it again you are very much the missing part of this Forum.
Peter

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

That was how I saw it as I have never seen a registration with two letters and four numbers, with the numbers beginning with a zero.

I was also aware having owned FO3344 for many years that JFO was a Radnorshire number, and that being a very rural county, there were loads of spare numbers unused, when the numbering system changed.

Wonder what the original registration number was that has been robbed.

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Norfolk Lad wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:15 pm Yet again i need to correct had a email from our much missed Young Man which he gave the following.

The registration was correct as JFO429.

This "JFO" registration series was a series unused by Radnorshire, and so was used for re-registrations, hence there are actually quite a few vehicles about which wear JFO*** numbers.

many thanks and yes we will say it again you are very much the missing part of this Forum.
Peter
Sorry Chaps it looked that way to me :oops:
s-l1600 (3).jpg
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar